Saturday, July 12, 2008

"The Cure All Queen"

I have been dubbed "The Cure All Queen" by Kirsten since I'm always giving tips for various things. Even though I can't claim all of these tips as being MINE, I will share them here. These are just things passed down in my family or advice I've been given by others. With that being said, I will post a few here and there.

CONCOCTION (sore throat, cold, hoarseness)
Green Tea
Apple Cider Vinegar (UNPASTEURIZED!)
Honey
Cayenne pepper

I like a lot of ACV but you can start with 1-2 Tsp
Honey to taste
and as much cayenne as you can stand!

If you want to omit anything, omit the cayenne. If I feel a cold coming on or if I lose my voice, I drink this warm tea and it comes right back!

Mosquito bite remedy: (good for zits too!)

TOOTHPASTE (not gel)

Just rub a dab on your bite and the itch goes away and they shrink right up. A little dab'l do ya!

WD-40!!!!

Spray on the wall and watch the crayon color melt. Wash off WD40 with Windex or another spray cleaner.

Laundry: gets out any oil based stain. Lipstick, pizza sauce, chocolate, grease... just spray on and leave for a few mins. Then spray a spot cleaner or detergent over the WD-40 and place in the wash! (works for set stains as well!)

Kids won't go to bed on time? (for the young 'uns)
Try the reward system. In the morning, they will find little treats under their pillow if they went to bed in a timely fashion the night before. Place stickers, $1 store items etc. You can be the 'goodnight fairy' or just be mom. I was just mom... so they knew where the stuff was coming from. I wouldn't remind them. I'd just say- let's go to bed! And if it happened smoothly, I'd put something under their pillow. They figured it out. Now, my life is perfect and they always mind me. HAHAHAHA!! If only that were true...


Car overheating?

TURN ON THE HEATER. I live in the desert where it can reach temperatures up to 120 in the summer. If you do not want to have a CAR-B-QUE, then turn on the heater! I am not a mechanic so I won't go into explaining WHY this works. Just try it- then get your car checked out ASAP.

No comments: